With the increased use of smart phones, consumers browse the Internet, use Facebook and Twitter, and generally spend more time on their mobile devices. In Social Media, it is becoming a pressing issue for brands to consider going mobile. For small businesses, it may in fact be their biggest challenge.
We interviewed our web designer, Will Rabil to help us recognize the value of going mobile, and to understand the differences between mobile websites and apps.
To re-cap, here are the key points that Will made:
- Brands should consider going mobile because mobile apps and websites drive engagement and are interactive.
- Mobile apps and websites are simplified versions of the original content and can be viewed and used at almost any time.
- A mobile website requires full Internet connection from your phone, but has better SEO.
- Mobile apps are constantly developing, are more interactive, and are usually accessible anytime with or without Internet connection.
- Will recommends mobile apps over mobile websites.